Experience Designer with more than 8 years of experience. I have played an integral role at the convergence of design and development, building products focused on the customer powered by research and analytics. I have created a wide range of products across many industries - from websites focused on responsive design, iOS and android apps, to single page applications. I am a passionate leader and hardworking team member that balances processes, stakeholders and business needs.
Skills & Tools
Design Thinking, Human Centered Design, Design Systems, Responsive DesignSketch, Figma, Flinto, Usertesting.com, Invision, Adobe CC, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, Tableau
Professional ExperienceExperience Designer, Prudential Financial September 2016 - Present
Financial Services company that offers Insurance, Annuities, Mutual Funds, Group Insurance, Retirement Services, Investment Management and other products to retail and institutional customers around the globe.
• Lead experience designer for Prudentials first direct to consumer product.
• Responsible for creating early concepts, deciphering requirements, elevating strategy and advancing user experience. Created marketing sell site, extensive intake application, and authenticated dashboard. Conducted extensive user research and testing throughout product lifecycle.
• Established and evangelized human centered design thinking by: pre-planning, assembling core team, running design sprints and collaborating directly with product owners, developers and stakeholders.
• Launched Prudential Design on Medium.
Responsible for article creation, editing, approval and publishing of content. Scaled a design system across the enterprise:Grew design system from a ten person team to cross organizational structure. Responsible for daily scrum, story accountability, and advancement of design system. Contributed to design system by creating and maintaining Sketch libraries.
• Built and owned open source design system website.
• Designed and launched core new products to market: Alerts and Notifications, Status Trackers, Service Center, Absence Management and Benefit experiences, all focused on reducing call volume and proactive servicing.
Experience Designer, American Express March 2015 – July 2016
Financial services company that offers world-class Charge and Credit instruments, Gift Cards, Rewards, Travel, Personal Savings, Business Services, and Insurance.
• Led the creation of core experiences across B2C for AmericanExpress.com properties
• Redesigned Online Card Replacement which dramatically reduced call volume and increased completion rate.
• Redesigned Online Disputes process for all markets
• Spearheaded Check Spending Power and other utilities for our card members
• Worked collaboratively with an agile team of front end developers, back end developers, product managers and stakeholders.
UX Manager, Saks Fifth Avenue June 2014 – October 2014
Premium designer fashion outlet for discount designer handbags, shoes, dresses and clothes.
• Responsible for crafting and slotting each and every user story Led technical grooming sessions with agile team
• Designed and implemented PayPal as a method of payment across all devices
• Designed and Implemented enhancements as neededIncreased conversion during checkout in order to boost sales and drive revenue
• Worked with a co-located and dedicated agile team of UI/UX’ers/developers/product owner and project manager
UX Designer, BrightStarr, January 2013 - June 2014
UX Designer, EMC, October 2012 - January 2013
UX Designer, Thomson Reuters, June 2011 - October 2011
Product Discovery Intern, LiveIntent, June 2010 - September 2010
Education 2007 - 2011
University of Scranton
Bachelor of Science, Marketing
Minor, Electronic Commerce